Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS) parents have until Wednesday, July 15 to submit the declaration of intent with their preferred option for their children’s fall semester enrollment. The questionnaire is available to parents online, on the Dadeschools mobile app and in schools.
M-DCPS is committed to providing parental choice. This declaration of intent is an opportunity for parents to indicate whether they plan to send their children back to school physically, for up to five days-a-week, should Miami-Dade County be operating in Phase 2 under The Plan for Florida’s Recovery. It also provides the option to select My School Online(MSO), the five days-a-week innovative online learning model, which maintains students’ connection to their enrolled schools and is facilitated directly by assigned teachers, using licensed courseware.
It is imperative that parents are forthcoming in their declaration of intent, to ensure an accurate student count for a brick-and-mortar school environment.
Submission Options for Current M-DCPS Parents
- District Website – There is a feature for direct submission on the dedicated webpage for reopening schools. Visit http://reopening.dadeschools.net and select “Submit Your Preference Here” in the purple box.
- School Site – The declaration of intent form is available at school sites, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. until the July 15 deadline. Parents may also download the form at http://reopening.dadeschools.net and may email the completed form to PR5281@dadeschools.net, or drop it off in person at the student’s school, during the time window mentioned above.
- Parent Portal – Parents can log in using their established User ID and password. Parents must have their child(ren) linked to their account. If their child is not linked, they should visit their child’s school and provide proper identification to obtain their unique six-digit pin. It takes 24 hours for the linking of the student to the parent account to take effect.
- Dadeschools Mobile App – Parents can click on the first icon in the upper left corner, entitled “Schooling Pref.” They must have their child(ren) linked to their account.
- Meal Distribution – The form will also be distributed during the M-DCPS student meal distributions at 50 designated school sites. Visit http://covid19.dadeschools.net for the schedule and list of sites.
Submission Options for New M-DCPS Parents
Parents of students who are new to M-DCPS or entering Kindergarten, who have already registered, may visit http://reopening.dadeschools.net to submit their declaration online or fill out the form and turn it into the school as outlined above.
Parents who still need to register their children for school can declare their fall semester enrollment choice at the time of registration.